BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Faith Comes by Hearing




This Romans 10:17 verse has been on my mind since Monday night prayer. "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word [rhema = a speaking] of God [Greek = Christos]. "When one believes in Christ, he 'calls' on Him. Believing, in turn, is based on hearing, and hearing is based on someone preaching. (Since the Greek word, kerysso, "preach", means "to be a herald, to announce," it is not limited to proclamation from a pulpit) [The Bible Knowledge Commentary]

The Holy Spirit is teaching me that I need to continue to herald the good news of my Jesus to everyone that would hear it. Secondly, the responsibility of the hearer to believe is not mine to accomplish.

The Holy Spirit is also teaching me through the Word that saving faith, healing faith, bondage breaking faith and restoration faith most of the time in the Bible was verbally spoken by the person wanting to be saved, healed, freed, or restored. Not because God needs to hear it. He already know the thoughts and intents of my heart. I need to hear with our own ears what my mouth is speaking in faith.


Saving faith is spoken out in Romans 10:9,10. "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. "


Healing faith is spoken to Jesus in Matthew 9: 27-30. "As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, 'Have mercy on us, Son of David!' When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, 'Do you believe that I am able to do this?' 'Yes Lord,' they replied. Then he touched their eyes and said, 'According to your faith will it be done to you'; and their sight was restored.

King David calls out to God for the restoring of their relationship after the prophet Nathan confronts him about his adultery with Bathsheba in Psalm 51:12. "Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me."

I don't know if my rambling makes any sense but this is a path that the Holy Spirit is taking me down right now to teach me some wonderful truths from the Bible about my Wonderful Lord and Saviour.


0 comments: