BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Too old to serve?


I met a 90 year old volunteer at Greenville Memorial Hospital the other day. She had such a gracious giving attitude as she served patients. She told me her birthday had been the day before and that without the love and strength of God she did not know how she would live.
She brightened my whole day. What an example of an aging servant's selfless attitude.

I am dipping my toes into the world of blogging for the first time....... Speaking of aging....... Thanks for joining me on this journey.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian,

Just stopped in over here from Rich's blog and see that you are a coffee snob. I have to share with you what I discovered at the Everything Must Change tour at the beginning of the month.

Check out http://www.justcoffee.org/

They are a coffee grower cooperative that are fair trade and are "marketing in a spirit of justice". The coffee growing process is environmental friendly, is planned to benefit the grower and his family with fair wage and health insurance.

This coffee is AMAZING!! The cost is amazing as well ... $8 for one lb ... a full pound. There is a shipping charge but very low. Just six dollars and that if for ten pound increments. That means it is just is the same shipping for ten pounds as for one pound.

Check it out. If you are ever interested in trying some, let me know. I am going to order soon and will have some to share.

The bags come sealed with the date roasted and the growers name. What a neat opportunity to pray for that grower and his family by name each morning as you make your coffee.

I am on a mission to share this information with my coffee loving friends.

In His Grace,

Cyndi Clack