BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Passionate Pursuit of God

God has been stirring up something in my heart recently. It really bubbled up this week after listening to my friend Jason Malone preach at CrossRoads this past Sunday.

A passionate pursuit of God must be first priority in every believer's heart. My personal pursuit of a relationship with my LORD and Saviour will radically change everything. It will radically change how I connect with and serve others. I will live on mission, led and empowered by the Holy Spirit, to share my grace story with everyone within my personal circle (co-workers, neighbors, friends, doctor, dentist, cashiers, waitresses, etc.)

My relationship with God cannot be brokered by another person or book. It must be MY pursuit.

Jesus said in Matthew 22: 37-38 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the the first and greatest commandment."

I ask myself this question - Have I made this life about me and my consumeristic mindset or I am willing to live on mission passionately loving, pursing, and obeying the God who loves me?

0 comments: